Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.
Meeting chaired by Katie Stobbart (President)
Minutes taken by Jeff Hughes (Secretary)
Katie Stobbart (President)
Valarie Franklin (Vice President)
Sam Bhattacharjee (Treasurer)
Jeff Hughes (Secretary)
- Agenda Approval
The agenda was approved.
- Minutes approval:
Katie – There are some changes for 3B.
- Dessa corrections ads in The Cascade.
- Dessa drew the George owls we’ve been using.
Minutes from May 7th have the rubber stamp after changes are made.
- New Blog:
Katie – Thanks Valerie, for putting together our new blog.
- Valerie is in charge of the blog though executive members have access.
- Constitution Review:
Katie – Now we‘re going to look at our lovely constitution.
- Many changes were discussed and can be viewed in the newest version of the constitution.
- Selection or creation of an official logo needs to occur before constitution updates are completed.
- Set up bank account appointment
- Bank account set up schedule to be done on Facebook.
- Katie, Sam, and Valerie to make appointment based upon when they decide to go.
- Other Business
Sam: Please assign me something to do if I miss the meetings for work.
Katie: We can do that. Also, if you have any notes for our meetings that you might miss send those to me.
See Valerie’s attached proposal for little free library.
Katie: We should make our own instead of using the “Little Free Library.”
- An ESA branded free library would allow ESA to better advertise itself.
Valerie: I spoke to someone in the science department, his name is Benjamin Tremblay. I emailed him about letting us know when there are events in the science department. I spoke to him as a member of the Cascade but he was receptive to the idea.
- May delegate attendance of these meetings to another member—perhaps Kodie, since he expressed interest in interdepartmental events? Will talk to him.