Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.
Meeting chaired by Katie Stobbart (President)
Minutes taken by Jeff Hughes (Secretary)
Katie Stobbart (President)
Valerie Franklin (Vice President)
Jeff Hughes (Secretary)
- Agenda Approval
- The Agenda was approved after agreeing to remove discussion of the campfire.
- Minutes Approval
- The minutes from May 28, 2014 were approved.
- Bank Account Status
- Valerie to investigate account status with Sam. About funding for LFL when Sam returns.
- We still haven’t received the total cost for the grad party.
Katie: We can’t pay cover our costs until we get that.
- Little Free Library
- Still need to acquire a bookshelf.
- Once acquired, decoration will begin.
- Suggested decorations include George, the ESA mascot and Hedwig from the Harry Potter series.
- Campfire Storytelling
- Campfire item returned to the agenda.
- There were no fire bans at potential campfire locations. Will have to check again closer to the event.
- Other Projects/Business.
- Great Gatsby Party in Harrison. Valerie is attending and will share this event on the public ESA board.
- Jeff wants to get a talk or workshop on the rhetoric of science set up for the fall semester. He will research more on this idea. Katie doesn’t think it’s something the ESA would sponsor, but supports looking into it for further information.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 4:00 PM.