Katie Stobbart (President)
Valerie Franklin (Vice President)
Kodie Cherrille (Vice President, secretarial duty)
Ashley Mussbacher (Treasurer)
- Agenda approval.
- Kodie requests adding a Louden discussion point.
- Agenda then approved.
- Approval of previous minutes.
- Ashley: could you make the ESA minutes a bit more boring?
- Discussion ensued re. whether a boring set of minutes would be useful or detrimental.
- Kodie to stop using so many exclamation marks, and maybe use Times New Roman font (“or comic sans!” – A.).
- I ask the reader of these minutes to listen to the Seinfeld theme song at this period of time, as such a conversation was deliciously redundant. Someone call Larry David.
- Band account update.
- Katie and Ashley set up the ESA account. The lady was very accommodating.
- Katie tracking down receipts. ESA expects to give back about $200 to those who bought stuff for ESA events.
- Department meeting recap.
- Katie went to an English department meeting. It was super cool.
- Faculty really receptive about crash-course / workshop idea.
- Faculty: ESA should ask students what they would like to see.
- Facebook poll
- Face-to-face conversation
- ESA Exec (Lord) Board to be the digital crucible where we hammer out poll questions.
- to vote on whether ESA will go to subsequent meetings.
- Kodie: workshop material should be accessible online after the fact as a useful resource for future students.
- Reading planning.
- AfterMath’s usually taken.
- Wednesdays at 7 p.m. an okay time?
- Discussion ensued re. reading specifics.
- It looks like Wednesday the 29th at the bookstore!
- Loudeners to discuss at the coming Louden board meeting.
- Bookstore top choice for open-mic area.
- Discussion: what should we bring to a spooky reading?
- Streamers, spider webs, spooky poetry.
- Costume contest?
- Invite professors!
- Donation pumpkin for the Louden
- ESA execs cannot be in any contests.
- New friends.
- Katie to get in touch with new ESA friends.
- Vanessa Broadbent cannot come to 9 a.m. meetings on Monday, as she has class.
- Class visits and talks
- We still have bookmarks and buttons!
- Tony and Val are making bookmarks for the Louden, they can easily get some ESA bookmarks printed at the same time.
- Ashley to send digital version of Louden bookmark to Val.
- Room bookings: the saga continues.
- We may need to find another room to reserve (and at another time) in order to get Vanessa Broadbent on board.